Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

magical changing tool numbers

jmblack

Has anyone had a problem with the tool numbers suddenly changing? I have a series of pockets and instead of programing all of them, I program one and simply copy the step over and change my containment boundries. I previous select all the surfaces as the drive surfaces. The numbers change in sequential order, even if that number is already being used by another program step. i.e., tool #6 is a 3/8" ball nose, it is used for all of the steps, but MCAM changed each sequential tool number up by one, the next step is suddenly using tool #7, the next one is using #8 (even though that tool is called out as a 1/2" ball nose and is used by another step). Was this a glitch that was taken care of with the service packs? I uninstalled them because the problems they had were worse than the ones that I had without them installed. banghead.gif

quote:

I uninstalled them because the problems they had were worse than the ones that I had without them installed

That's hilareous, the only one that puked was update 2 and that was pulled in fairly quick order, update went fine and Sp2/MR1 hace built upon that

If you are not running SP2/MR1 you should install it.

Mill Crasher-

...and make sure the assign tool numbers sequentialy box is not checked

that should fix it....

I did that when I first saw the problem, I would not normally change that setting so I looked to see if I had or an evil twin was "messing" with me and checked the box behind my back. Not that anyone here would do that in retaliation for anything that they might have thought that I did to them in the past...no I would never do some of the things that I have been accused of...at least not admit to it in an open forum.