Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Edit common parameters (again!)

Bruce Caulley

Jake,

I selected the ops every which way, still no luck.

Greg,

I see tha in the control def, but no matter what I switch it won't stick.

Now here's the strange bit....

After making the changes the op says:

Misc. #1 - [WCS:TOP] - [Tplane:RIGHT]

If I highlight that op it instantly change to:

Drilling - Cycle 200 - [WCS:TOP] - [Tplane:RIGHT]

Strange headscratch.gif

Bruce

Bruce,

You have 2 choices in the op for how to change these defaults,

1. do it in the op defaults

2. do it in the control def for the machine.

control def overrides op defaults, to my understanding. Also, I do not believe that either will override values in existing operations, so on any program you've got that already has paths assigned you will have to go in and manually change.

In addition, any parts that you have programmed prior to changing the disk copy of your control def will have to be changed as well. Plus, if you open an existing file using your previous (unedited) control def, you will have to re-load the machine (properties, files, replace) with the updated machine to create a new toolpath copy of the new machine to work with.

I take a lot of calls from customers having trouble nailing down where to make these changes so that they will stick.

Hope that helps

Thanks Nathan. I have the defaults right, I just need to be able to change a Mi across a whole group. I have set up mi1 as the datum number for our heidenhain 5 axis post. I was using a work offset, but I was having trouble with that because being a 5 axis machine the workoffset seemed to be switching with the toolplane rather than the WCS. :shrug:

So now I have 2 complete operations in the same file, each one about 50 toolpaths in it. I want to be able to select the first 50 and change mi1 to #1 and the next 50 to #4.

Bruce