Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Starting on X...Dynapath Code

Jack K

Iam just now trying to get X up and running and have run into my first problem. My Dynapath post is not post ing out right.

New post:

N100(9)M06T15

N110(9)M03T15S600

N120(9)M08

N130(0)X4.913Y-0.93

N140(0)Z1.

N150(0)Z0.1

N160(1)Z-1.55F5.5

N170(1)Y-1.23F5.0

N180(1)Y-2.87

N190(1)X5.695

N200(0)Z0.25

N210(0)X4.903Y-0.93

N220(0)X4.903Y-0.93

Old Post:

N101(9)M06T01$

N102(9)M03T01S250$

N103(9)M08$

N104(0)X8.291Y0.8$

N105(0)Z1.$

N106(0)Z0.5$

N107(1)Z0.3714F15.0$

New code is missing the $ sign at the end of each line.

I have put a call in to our reseller but thought maybe I could get ahead start here.

Any ideas?

How come every time you sit down to try and work on something new like this everyone needs some thing...I thought I had a slow day today... go figure.

Jack

I am going to bet the $ was hardcoded in the V9 post as "$"

That's going to cause problems I think because of the new posts using $ to define system variables.

The ascii code for $ will have to be substituted for it to post out I'll bet.

"36"

Should get you a $

Here's a link to an ascii table.

Props to Bullines

Linky

Jack,

I had the same problem going to SP1 update 3. There are a couple of solutions to the problem and which one you choose depends on how much editing you like to do.

In the Contol Definition you can change you EOB character to "36" which will output a "$" on every line, including the first (12345678)$ and last END$.

The alternative is adding the "$" to every output line in the post. This is easier than it sounds and requires no extra edits after posting.

To do the latter:

1. Back up your current PST file.

2. Open the PST file in the editor of your choice

3. Edit, Replace (ALL) e$ with "$" , e$

4. Save the PST file

5. Post code and verify all of your lines have an EOB character

HTH

Jack,

Make sure you start editing by Machine Type -> Machine definition Manager. Open the correct MMD file, THEN open the control definition file from there.

Make your changes, save the control definition file, then also save the Machine definition file.

BTW, I had the same problem as you with a Dynapath post and the "$" after updating to MR1. Found the same solution as you did.

Not sure why you had to add $ to your system variables. Just looked at a program I posted a while back for Dynapath. All the $ are there. Are you using Mcam X MR1? If not maybe the fix was in MR1.

My first post trying to help. Did I help??? Huh...Did I???? 4_1_200.gif

Tex,

The way it was explained to me was ever since Update 3 for SP1, changes made to MP.dll made it difficult to properly output the ascii character 36 ($, which used to be defined in the PST) as an EOB character. As you stated above, the $ character is also used to define a post processor system variable.

quote:

The way it was explained to me was ever since Update 3 for SP1, changes made to MP.dll made it difficult to properly output the ascii character 36 ($, which used to be defined in the PST) as an EOB character. As you stated above, the $ character is also used to define a post processor system variable.

That's news to me, and you'd think I would be aware of an issue like that (especially seeing that I rewrote the Dynapath post for X).

You may want to ask your reseller for a copy of the post installation or at least for the new Dynapath post and it's associated files. The old one was a real mess and is better left behind IMHO.

I don't doubt it Paul.

All I can say is it worked before the update, and that's the explanation I got as to why it no longer functioned. This problem started the same time that all this rpd_typ_v7$ business started too. I'm fairly certain you're aware of that one.

All's well that ends well.. cheers.gif