Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

pach not compatible?

Zero

I'm trying to install the appmch 81 -1016 patch into mastercam and when I do I keep getting the massage that it is not compatible with the version that I,m running.Now I know that it will only work with version 8.1.1 and that the mcam version I'm running.So whats the problem? confused.gifconfused.gifmad.gif

It sounds as if you are trying to run the apps files as a c-hook. At least I get that same error when running appmch8.dll as a c-hook. Make sure you have unzipped the appcmh81-1016.zip files into your mcam8apps folder and that you also have unzipped the appcfg-1016.zip files into your mcam8chooks folder. The appcfg.dll is run as a c-hook to configure the available options and the appmch8 file is used automatically when you do a toolpath. You do not need to run it as a c-hook.

this is what i get

code:

C:Mcam8>dir mill8.exe

Volume in drive C has no label.

Volume Seriel Number is CC34-C701

Directory of C:Mcam8

01/26/2001 09:18a 8,130,560 Mill8.exe

1 Files 8,130,560 bytes

0 Dir 5,261,020,160 bytes free

it gives me the not compatible message when I try to generate any kind of toolpath from the toolpath menu.

confused.gifconfused.gif

[ 12-14-2001: Message edited by: Webmaster ]

I just found out that one of my classroom computers is doing the same thing. 8.1.1 works fine, but the latest appmch doesn't work. All of my machines have NT4SP6a. The questionable box does have a different m-board and vid card than the rest, but otherwise identical.

I'm not really asking for help, just letting you know that there's at least 1 more out here with the same problem.

My advice is to get the slightly older appmch and use it unless you absolutely must have the surface-finish-project-blend toolpath.