Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercrash on Verify

I talked about this a couple months ago but I have not heard anything from anyone about why it happens or if it is getting fixed. If I draw a line on an angle, lets just say 20 degs. for this example, from the origin, and then mill it using anysize cutter, I am using a .625 ball mill going .450 deep, on the outside of a cylinder using a 4th axis. The purpose of this is to create a chip relief on a wood planer cutting head. So I do the first contour and set up the machining for 4th axis, and verify it, it works great. But then if I try to TRANSFORM TOOLPATH around the outside of the cylinder, it works, but when I try to verify, I loose all cabin pressure and crash killing everyone on board. I know the QC department at CNC software recreated the error and are supposed to be fixing it, but i have not heard anything in a long time, and have to do all of the programming the long hard way? Now that my programming of the parts i am making is become more complex, it would be nice if this option worked right so I could use it as a shortcut, but i guess it is the long for now. ANyone have this problem or know anything about it?

Have you tried turning off true solids in verify to see if that helps. it may skew the angle when it runs but you should still be able to look at the verification of the part. This has helped on some lathe verify problems. also in settings configuration screen you can try to uncheck "use free mode in dynamic spin" this helps on some 4-axis verify problems.

J,

I've done some testing with the MR2 version which has fixed some issues similar to what you mentioned here. I would prefer to have your part so I can make sure this is fixed. I did search the database, but couldn't find anything with your name on it. If you could please e-mail it to [email protected] to my attention that would help greatly.