Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool Numbering

Mjölnir

I quickly searched the forum and found nothing on this so I think I'm missing something again.

MCX-MR1

I'm having a problem with tool numbering when creating tools with the Tool Manager. It's attemting to number them seqentially, and I have the "Assign tool numbers seqentially" tick-box *unchecked* in tool settings.

When creating a tool with the Tool Manager from the toolpaths menu, I select a tool type, enter the tool dimensions and tool number on the next page, and define the tools machining parameters on the last. If I enter, say 11, for the tool number on the second page, the length and diameter offsets on last page match (H11 D11), as I have it configured to do. But upon checking "ok" to save the tool, the tool number switches to number one. (or the lowest unused tool) I have to edit the tool and re-enter the tool number to get it to stick upon saving. The length and tool offsets remain correct when the tool number changes though.

One other person I work with has found the same thing and believes it to be a bug. [yes|no|maybe] ?

No go.

I just created a new, empty library from within the tool manager, then;

right click in part tools window

create new tool

click endmill

enter tool# 11

click green check mark

tool is listed as number 1

click to highlight

right click on tool

edit tool

change tool# back to 11

click green check

now it's listed as and is tool 11

quote:

Didn't MR1 come out in Jan? I lost track of the dates.

According to Alt+V, the MR1 build date was January 6, 2006. When exactly it was released, I don't remember, but I downloaded it on 1/18.

Thanks for the info about the bug, Thad. Saves me from dwelling on it anymore. I lost track of how many times I combed config files, MDs and CDs looking for the problem. ::grrrrr::