Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Can't download patches

Phil Orenstein

I got a "Pluggin error" when I tried to download some pathces. I just clicked on the file to download it and this message appeared: "The pluggin did not initialize properly" and when I tried it again: "The pluggin was found but an error in the pluggin has ocurred". Did I do something wrong? I havent had this problem downloading pathces proviously.

Thanks for your help.

Phil confused.gif

I'll take a guess and say that you have both IE 5 and an older version of Netscape on your system (3.x or 4.x). Am I right? wink.gif

IE can use Netscape plug-ins, and it does so when a required ActiveX control doesn't exist. If a plug-in becomes corrupted by means of Netscape or another way, you'll receive error messages like you have when you visit a page that needs a given plug-in. Which makes things confusing. If you are downloading patches from http://www.emastercam.com/patches/v8/, you shouldn't have this problem since we don't use any plug-ins of any kind on eMastercam. All we ask is that you have a JavaScript enabled browser and even that isn't neccessary, minus a few exceptions. If you need both IE and Netscape on your system, I suggest upgrading to IE6 and Netscape 6.2. Hope this helps smile.gif

Got back late tonight, as usual. Rarely have I experienced such an outpouring of help on such a relatively minor issue. This forum is wonderful and I thank you all for your responsiveness. However I must say I am the fool for the day. Instead of opening the file as I was attempting to do, I should right click and "save target as". Sorry.

Phil Orenstein redface.gif