Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool Display/ drawing tools

daryl_y

Iam having a hard time editing tools so they display correctly in backplot and verify. Our tool library was converted from Mcam9 and one annoying bug in x is that holder diameter somehow becomes holder radius so with 2.0 in the holder diameter box displays a 4.0 dia holder. All of these tool display correctly in Mcam9. Alao in 9 although the holder height would display incorrectly it would display a tapered tool holder. How do you get X to do this?

How do you draw a custom tool in X I never had real good luck doing this in Mcam9 but got it to work a few times. You should be able to draw a 2d outline of your tool and on a level in your program and link it to your tool but it does not seem to work.

Draw an outline of your tool to scale using the top plane with the center/bottom of your tool at the origin. Make sure when you're done to remove the centerline if you use one. Save it to a file or move it to a preferred level in your file. I keep a defined tools folder myself. One of the other programmers here keeps his defined tools on a level so it does work either way. My problem with the defined tools is that when it's defined through the operations manager it looks like it should but when used in a backplot or verify it goes bad. This has been fixed in MR2.