Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Ver9.1 update to sp1 then sp2

smokey_44

Hi at a new job and I have installed ver 9.1 off cd ,question is I would like to update this to ver9.1 sp2 ...how? Do i need maintance to do this ? I read the sp2 update notes and it says that I have to update ONLY from 9.1 sp1 ,problem is that I'm not sure if sp1 is for maintance only or what? Where to find sp1 ? Am I missing something here ,I did all this before but soooo long ago I can't remember how ?

Dave Ferraro

off the Mastercam website

quote:

Version 9.1 Service Pack 2 - WILL ONLY UPDATE SERVICE PACK 1 TO SERVICE PACK 2

Instructions

This update will only work with an existing V9.1 SP1 installation. If you update any other version things may not work(It will not update V9 SP1). For file size consideration the Catia translators are not included in this update. They will be available on the system CD being sent to each dealer. Dowload this zip file and run the Setup.exe after unzipping. The install will locate the last installed version of Mastercam 9.1, if you want to install it to a different copy of mastercam, you will be able to specify the new directory.

Maintenance required - no

Looks like everything after the SP2 update requires maintenance

Looking at he MC website I see nothing that specifically address SP1, so I wonder if V9.1, was SP1?

I honestly don't remember.

I'd try it, it should error out if it is incorrect

The MC webite says you don't need maint, to get to SP2, it is the MR release after that you cannot install.

The question is how to get from 9.1 to SP1, the SP1 to SP2 update is available on the website.

Here's an idea Dave.

There are plenty of dealers on the forum, check out their websites maybe one of them will have access to the update you need.

Check Jays site, this might be what you need.

Linky

quote:

I guess thats why I'm getting confused is V9.1 = SP1???

I may be too late for this, but V9.1 is not the same as SP1. There was a V9.1 SP1 and V9.1 SP2.

I'm with Bernie. Get the SP2 disc and you won't have to worry about it anymore. wink.gif

Thad