Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Turning cutter comp on/off between chains

Hey All,

Looked in the manual & help, did a search but couldn't find an answer...

Is it possible to change comp from off to on between chains on an Op in the Chain Manager?

Right click brings up a context menu that has "Change at point..." with Cutter Comp at the top. It appears that I should be able to turn it on/off here but I can't get it to work.

I also noticed that this "Change at point" seems to differ from the "Drill change at point"...is this correct?

Thanks,

John

Right now, that's exactly what I'm doing, however:

When using multiple Ops in a Transform that creates multiple copies, it does not do them in the best sequence.

For example: An Op with 3 chains, 1 chain no comp, 2 chains with comp.

Transforming this single Op would machine all 3 chains on each copy before moving to the next.

Since I can't figure out how to properly apply the "Change at point", I create two Ops, one with a single no comp chain and one with two comp'd chains. My Transform then executes the one no comp Op on all copies, then starts over and executes the comp'd Op on all copies...wasted time & moves.

Anybody??? confused.gif

Thanks,

John

quote:

For example: An Op with 3 chains, 1 chain no comp, 2 chains with comp.

John,

I don't believe there is a way to do this. In the tool parameters you define if a particular op has comp or not. I don't think you can then change some of them to do something else. I'm pretty sure you'll h ave to chain you non-comped stuff seperate of your comp stuff.

BTW, you can set the order of your ops in transform by using the operation order/operation type options

John:

There are two way to do this.

1. In your transform operatiojn select the two operations (one comped and one not comped) the use toolpanes and operation order.

2. Use the tool path editor. Right click on your operation and go to the point you want the comp turned off and select edit point and turn off comp.

HTH

That explains it...I'm still on X SP1.003. I tried MR1 and found that ctrl-click no longer worked to select/deselect individual Ops in the Operations Manager. As I do this a lot, I decided to wait for the next update. I found this same problem with MR1 SP2 that I received from our dealer.

Have you run into this ctrl-click issue, and if so how did you get around it?

John