Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Don't want fixture offset

Zoober

I've searched the forum, but can't quite get this.

I'm trying to get my post to not print any E offset if the offset is -1 (or offset box NOT checked).

so far, I am getting the correct output if I have an offset value, but if I make offset -1 (no offset), it uses the previous tool's offset.

Even if I can force an E0 when offset is set to -1, that would be okay too.

Hope I'm making sense here...

Thanks ahead of time

John,

I am using a modded latest version MPMaster post.

I have the force_wcs :yes in place, but it forces the previous offset if no offset is being used. I would like to omit offset output or at least force an E0 output if no offset is set for an op.

Zoobar are you programming from machine zero?

If not you must have some work offset being set.

Are you trying to get a workoffset on the first tool and then not output again unless it changes?

[ 05-02-2006, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: John Paris @ Kevlin Microwave ]

We do use fixture offsets, but I'm trying to setup a safety deal here because one of our guys used a bad tplane, and there was no offset associated with it. Well, to make a long story short, if it reverted to E0 instead of the previous op's offset, we would have been ok........

Thanks gang, I got it.

The

code:

sav_frc_wcs = force_wcs 

was what was keeping the previous offset in place to allow the forcing of an (albeit in our case, wrong) offset.

just changed to

code:

sav_frc_wcs = zero  

and all is good biggrin.gif

Thanks Billy, but no, only for abs/inc, Lock on first wcs, and M0.

Resetting the saved frc_wcs to zero was what did it for me.

The fact that it was reverting to the saved offset if no offset was selected (as it needed to do to utilize the force wcs at toolchange - which I also wanted)was causing the grief.

Forcing an E0 was good enough without having to put in a bunch of logic to keep from posting an offset at all, if one was not selected. Just a little safety measure.

Hope this makes sense.

I'm just now getting relly into our post tweaking, and am impressed by Mastercam's ability to be creative. idea.gif

Robert