Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

High Speed Toolpaths

LaszloK

Now that we have a handle on using X like we did in V9, our next step is to utilize the high speed toolpaths. I am interested in comments from people that are using the new toolpaths or that have tried them. Positive and negative (if any)feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Laszlo

From my use of them so far, they seem to be a pretty reliable toolpath, albeit the crunch time could be a little quicker but overall not bad.

I have used the core roughing and horizontal finish paths mainly

I use them everyday on cavs, cores, and trods. They work well and the toolpaths are very efficient if you have a machine capable of running them. The last thing you want are a bunch of looping movements if you are cutting at 20 ipm. There are a few buggies floating around like scallop always starting from the center, and horizontal area not recognizing negative stock allowances. Look at few of the recent post and you will get a good feel for it. Crunch time is slow but these toolpaths are taking many more things into account before gernerating toolpaths, like smoothing and retract motions.

Always always verfiy before you cut. I did have it gouge my part once but verify caught it. Come to find out I didn't have a little surface selected and it rapided back through it because I had minimize retract set. If you are cutting on a highspeed machine these things fly.

We have used them for machining cores/cavs in a 10K Hurco and a 30K Makino. Both machines cut great using these new toolpaths. Even the toolmaker/operator commented on how much smoother the machine ran AND how "pretty" the machined block looked afterwards.

So it sounds like you are productive and happy with the toolpaths Brian. I visited the Nypro facility in Massachusetts a couple of years ago. Your company does some real good moldmaking. Thanks for the feedback from all who replied.

Laszlok,

NyproMold in Mass. is in a NEW building now.

It's a hi-tech center with alot of bells and whistles from what I hear.

They build mostly multi-cavity medical molds while we concentrate on custom automotive molds.

Our website is a little mis-leading, the pix of Nypro Ky Mold are 8-9 years old now!

(thats me in the solo shot in the blue shirt leaning into a old Hurco BMC40)