Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MC Solidworks

Yeah, TBH, I hate MC for design now,I fell restricted. It's nice being able to edit on the fly! Hopefully MC can cater to things like this in the future. The perfect Cad/Cam would be if S/W and MC combined. Let S/W do the draw/design portion. And have MC do the Cam portion. I would love it and am sure all companies would switch.

You "CAN" do 3D design in MC. It does not handle assemblies though. Updates on the fly are tough and many other things are not as friendly.

I now do all of my part, tooling and fixture design in Solidworks.

BC

Glad I coud make your day.

Now, we DO gave the solid add-on. But, I know nothing(where have I heard that line) about this new add-on. We dont have the solid book, but will hopefully get it. They expect us to pull it out of our a$$, as they do everything else.

Can someone tell me how to make a simple square with a hole in it, and then what to use to toolpath the hole. With this start, I can work usually work around and find other menus needed to do the job.

Thanks

Jeff

Draw you square and the hole just like in 2D

Then go Solid Extrude, pick the 2 chains, make sure create solid is ticked and set a length, if your chains are in the correct direction you'll get the block with the hole.

The alterante method is same as above except do only the square, the do an extrude cut to cut the hole in the square.

I'm assuming you are asking about MCAM, not SW2006 BTW.

you use the same toolpaths as you would with surfaces, you just need to hit the activate solids selection icon on the general selection toolbar (looks like a little blue cube with a green check mark in front of it)

you should browse thru the MC help file for the basics in creating/editing soilds and solid toolpathing. it explains things well enough to get you started

you use the same toolpaths as you would with surfaces, you just need to hit the activate solids selection icon on the general selection toolbar (looks like a little blue cube with a green check mark in front of it

Well, I cant seem to find this icon. I did order the solids book, so Im hoping it will aid in solid works learning.

little help for finding this icon?