Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MCam for Wire EDM

steelhead77

Greetings,

I'm wondering if anyone out there is using Mastercam to program wire EDM's. Mastercam seems to be a little lacking in this area. We have 2 Charmilles wire machines, a Robofil 2000 and 310. We are specifically looking for a good post processor. The one we have is only marginal and no one at MCam seems willing to invest alot of time helping us. Our wire guy is big on Esprit because they have implemented various controls into their software. We are commited to Mastercam for milling and want to stay with Mastercam for wire but they are several years behind other wire packages in the features that are offered. Does anyone know if there are any plans to bring Mastercam up to speed on the wire package. In the meantime any help with a post would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

Hi,

Wire Version 8.1 will have a lot of improvements and changes. We are testing actual the Beta version. We also spend a lot of time in developing the post. Actual we do a post optimizing with my dealer Unicam for Agie controlls - this is done. The next step is Charmilles. We are working very close with the Agie/Charmilles/Bostomatic goup here in germany.

The post department is working hard to take functions from the controll in the software/post. If you can wait some weeks I'm sure the new wire will help you and bring us back to the wire edm market.

• 11 months later...

I have the same problem with our CT 4020 & 6020 Robofil wire EDMS. I have seen Esprit's final NC code output, on like programs, and it runs error proof, the MCam code brings up multiple CT controller errors.

confused.gif Do you know of any decent CT post for MCam ??? Somebody has to have one.

• 2 months later...

We have two 290, one 310, one 4020, one 6020, and two 2020. All have a regular charmilles controler. we also have 7 various Agie machines. And my v7 charm post has put out great ISO code. The only editing I do is add a couple of g-codes to my 4-axis programs. I do not have a working CMD file post. I prefer to write them manually.

I have not had much of a chance to work on the post for v8 yet as I only have wire 8 on one of the programming stations.

We have just aquired a Sodick LN1W (linar motion control. magnets instead of servos)

I am currently looking for a Post processor for this machine.

Just send me a e-mail [email protected]

and I can send ya out my post