Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

cadcam i have a quick question

cadmonster66

Is it true you are a seller for virtual cnc. If so I downloaded the 4.0 demo version and it requires a zip password. How can I go about obtaining this password. No-one has called or e-mailed me a password. I am really interested in seeing if this software really performs the way other shops I've been to says it does. Save time in checking our still wet behind the ear cnc programmers.

I forgot that Predator makes CNC simulation. How come there are no advertisments of the program in any magazines. I get more than ten of them each month and almost every magazine has Vericut add but have not seen anything from Predator. I have seen add or article on DNC from Predator not long ago but nothing about Virtual CNC. Where I worked before, year or so ago we purchased one seat of Vericut not knowing that there is another product like it on the market. Would be nice back than to have some other product to compare the features and prices with Vericut. We probably got ripped off thinking that Vericut is the only thing out there. Every shop I've been in always looks into those magazines for new technologies and products. I read every article that involves machining and EDM and bought many products being recommended or advertised.

Anyways, is the demo fully functional and is it faster than MetaCut? That is what we currently use. It has vary limited features compare to Vericut or Predator but for $350 is still a great deal.

[ 12-30-2001: Message edited by: beav700 ]

beav700,

The VCNC has been around for a while I would say the last couple of years I have been using and carrying it for about a year now.

I agree that they do not do enough publicity in the mages.

The down loadable version is just a demo, but not a full working version unless we set you up with an evaluation key.

But the software that you down load is the actual software just needs the key so it won’t go in to Demo mode.

Hope this helps.

Ps how do you like the Vericut if I may ask?

Hi,

I used predator v3.4 before and I think predator is easier to use than vericut, however there was not machine simulation . With their new version , they are supporting machine simulation and I want to know it is still easier to use than vericut?

We use Vericut 5 now and I think it's a bit slower in verifying especially when using solid verify. And how about defining new machines and controllers?

Besides in vericut there's no direct interface for Mastercam yet.In earlier version ,PVCNC has interface for Mastercam . What new interfaces added to V4?

Regards

Kevin Wolf

Well as for the interface still there and is a little faster then version 3.4.

And as you stated we added machine simulation to the list of add-ons.

You can make your own machines by making STL files of the parts if you want for machine sim or use the existing.

I have predator office all ready working on the new C-Hook for version 9 MC.

Told them I am in that state all ready and would like to use my c-hook with it.

quote:

still easier to use than vericut?

I would say after playing with both.

Vericut is still very nice software and works vary well.

Just there are a few differences like cost and learning curve.

They all so have a few nice add-ons that we don’t.

But I am very happy with my integration into mastercam and the performance that it does for me.

I would say it is a real good tool to have for contract programmers that program for customer that they never see, like my self.

I found my self not checking small simple programs back when I ran Vericut. It was just too much work to set it up. At this job, I have five CNC VMCs to program and set up and have to keep at least two or three of them running at any time otherwise someone is not going to be happy. It doesn't leave me much time for CNC simulation and if it takes too long to verify the code, I simply take the risk and run it. I've been lucky so far for the most part.This is why I like Metacut. Three mouse cliks and I'm done unlike in VeriCut where you need alot more time.