Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Associating WCS with toolpath groups

Bob W.

I would like to create additional origins (WCS) in a file and create a new operation group that references it. So basically I would have op group 1 that references coordinate system 1, and op group 2 that references coordinate system 2. I have figured out how to create the WCS (view manager) but how do I tie it to a toolpath operation group?

Thanks,

Bob

Bob,

What are you trying to do? Are you doing rotary work or are you just trying to do several ops, without have to shift the part around.

The tutorials are a real good place to start.

WCS works well if you are just trying to set all your operations in one file without moving the part around. If you're trying to do 4th axis positioning the you would use T&C planes instead.

Go into your view manager. Highlight the newly created view that you'd like to use in a toolpath. Click the = icon. All newly created toolpaths will use that WCS.

I'd also recommend going into settings>config>CAD settings and UNCHECKING the updated t/c plane when changing views, and reset c-plane to top in iso gview.

I import all of my parts as IGES from ProE. If a part has several different setups in the mill I would like to have all of the CAM data in one file.

So what exactly are Cplanes and Tplanes? I have an extensive CAD background so I understand planes etc..., but there was only one variety. Also, what is the Gview?

Thanks,

Bob

C Plane is a construction plane, that is the plane you are drawing on

T Plane is a Tool Plane, that is the plane the tool will be perpendicular too.

G View is the graphics view, it allows you to create a view, dependent on you planes setup, I think. Myself I don't use this one so I could be misguided.