Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Create MCX Images

Steve Zirtzman

I have been saving files with the System Configuration field, “Include bitmap in file when saving” unchecked, just to be safe. In Mastercam Help I ran across a feature called, Create MCX Images. It looked like a perfect way to catch up on the thumbnail images if you wanted to use the Bitmap option in File-Open to browse a folder. But I can not seem to find it. Has anyone else used this feature?

quote:

When you save a file, choose File menu, Save As, click the Options button and select Save thumbnail image with geometry. This also updates an existing thumbnail.

When the Open dialog box displays, right-click on the file or directory and choose Create MCX images. Mastercam creates thumbnails for all selected files.

All,

Steve Z. pointed out that ...

In Mastercam Help I ran across a feature called, Create MCX Images.

and that online help says ...

When the Open dialog box displays, right-click on the file or directory and choose Create MCX images. Mastercam creates thumbnails for all selected files.

This is an error in the online Help, which we will correct. There are no current plans to implement it in X. Sorry for the confusion!

Eileen Lumsden

Manager

Technical Publications Dept.

CNC Software, Inc.