Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mr2 install question

gavetta

I did a search but couldn't really get an anwser. Is the Mr2 download from the website a complete "stand alone" install? i.e. If I install it on a new pc, do I need any previous versions of X to be already installed? Do I have to have Mr1 already installed etc., etc.,?? Probably a dumb question but I'm under the impression that it's "stand alone" from what I read on the Mastercam website. Can anyone tell me yay or nay?Thanks.

quote:

we're setting up a new pc for some one and I wanted to get it right.

Make sure you install .net Framework and DirectX V9. I'm not sure if the web download will check this for you (like installing from the CD did).

Thad

gavetta,

Just to clarify, you don't need any previous version of MC installed to use the MR2 web download. What I was referring to was that when you install from the CD (plain old version X?) it would search your system and tell you whether you needed to install .net and DirectX. I was questioning whether the web download, since it's kind of a "light version" (no sample files, videos, etc), if it would check these things for you. If you're unclear on whether you have them installed, go to the Control Panel-Add Remove Programs and you'll see them if they're installed. wink.gif Clear as mud? biggrin.gif

Thad