Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Verify: Warning - zero length arc

Bruce Caulley

There is a bug with optimize. I use wire and some of my programs would not be accepted by my Fanucs. The same geometry would run just fine with another cad program, but I am trying to make MCAMX work 100% of the time. This bug was sent in to mastercam on Friday and I just got word that it is fixed in X2. Our mastercam reseller verified this with me first as we stepped though it.

In backplot you can step the operation and there were very small linear moves in there that should have been part of an arc move with optimize checked.

Maybe optimize gives those linear moves with mill at times.

I'm really hoping all those zero arc lengths you get and those linear moves I mention really go away with X2. But for now I will not optimize.

I just had to add all this since it may be all related. No problems since. cool.gif

Mastercam is now a "Standard" programming software here at Boeing. Other software is still in a "maintainence" status, but Mastercam and Catia V4 and V5 are now the only new programming softwares that can be purchased.

Boeing conducted a test between Catia, Gibbscam, Esprit, and Mastercam. Mastercam won hands down for: Power, ease of use, capabilities (just try doing a 5 axis job in Catia...), and cost.

Mastercam was the clear winner. I costs less and does more. Auburn now has 40ish seats installed, Everett has 25 seats and there are more being added. I believe that Portland and Salt Lake City are also running Mastercam.

biggrin.gif

Thanks,

Colin Gilchrist

The Boeing Company

MR2 and Beta test site