Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Verify: Warning - zero length arc

Bruce Caulley

Yep, that's the one David. My error isn't the exact same though. It just says:

Warning - zero length arc

No other info given. I have 340 ops in this file and am now starting to go back through it to tweak a few things up. It will take me all day at this rate.

Bruce

It's a real pain and it's screwing things in verify and backplot for me. This toolpath has the ZERO length warning and when I transform it, it will not backplot correctly or verify correctly

ZERO.jpg

See below the toolpath and it also transformed. The transformed toolpath will not backplot.It should be excactly the same as the referanced toolpath?

zero2.jpg

I got this from QC..

quote:

Turn off optimize.

This fixed my problem with the toolpath with the Arc warning being Transformed.

Strange I thought as ticking "optimise" in the toolpath parameters is supposed to stop gouges,but in this case it was the problem.

G,

The non-disclosue wouldn't be a problem. The paperwork to "export" the technical data is, even if it is going back to the US where it came from. Our sales bloke has to make sure nothing is on the hard drive of his laptop when jetsetting just in case.

I'll look further in to it though.

Bruce

are you changing from 5axis machining to simple 3d machining?...i have the same problem with V9 here ..when i change from 3d surface backplot to 5 axis machine i get errors...i actually have to shut MC down and come back in again just to verify or backplot one or the other...but i cant verify both as they come back whith errors on it and i have to hit the hold the escape key down just to get through it...by the way how is the weather ...miss brisbane by the way