Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

extrude cut

cncchuck

i took a 2d part and revolved it to make a ring .now i am trying to slice the part using extrude cut. i did one cut and it worked fine now i am trying to make another cut and i keep getting "boolean remove operation would result in disjoint body" i am not experienced with solids but am trying to learn through trial and error. im sure its something simple you guys could help me with. mcx level 3 solids mr2

Your cut is going to leave 2 solids instead of just the one.

Isolate the area you want to cut away by itself and make sure it is clised geometry and the extrude cut.

There is a couple of topics by Jeff the hass guy on solids help, same issue you're having, might want to check them out.

Hi Chuck,

The "boolean remove operation would result in disjoint body" warning means that when you are attempting your second extrude cut your chain of geometry is going to cut your solid into two pieces. Make sure that your chain does not completely intersect your solid. Also, make sure you are doing the extrude cut operation in the correct construction plane. I'm sure if you put a copy of your file on the FTP site that someone would take a look at it. Unfortunatly, I'm behind a firewall so I can't take a look at it until later. I'm sure if you ask that someone will let you know how to put a file on the FTP. Hope that helps get you started.

-Colin

Chuck,

One thing you could do is to save the file a second time with a different name.

Then make your slicing geometry take away all of the one side of your original solid.

Then open the other file and do the same to the other side.

Now merge the two files.

HTH.