Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

HST area clearance toolpathes

Salahuddin

In the HST-area clearance metric sample file, the tool should go to Z -9 mm, instead it go to -8.995 mm leaving 5 micron!!!

If I create surface pocket toolpath on the same part it go to -9 mm as it should

This situation happened also to my parts, so it’s not just with this sample part.

I don’t have the Inch Samples, so I can’t check if this happened to there also???

MR2 installed here

Any Ideas????

I found a similar situation while using the horizontal area toolpath. I don't believe it should work this way but QC disagrees. Here's the reply I got from QC.

quote:

Matt,

The HST toolpaths take full advantage of tolerances.

You have a tolerance of .002” set. It is staying w/in that tolerance.

If .1299 is not close enough, turn off the filter and set to tolerance to .0001 or .00005

I always thought that tolerances would work within the "steel safe" areas and NEVER violate the model... Wrong, I guess...

It sounds like in your case it was staying away from the surface... My example was gouging (within tolerance)...

Gotta tighten up those tolerances.

It is a roughing routine.

Some assumptions are being made that it will be used as a roughing routine, it will be leaving stock.

Critical depth functionality is something that is very useful in surface rough pocket. But, with stock to leave set to 0.0 your depths will come out correct but you'll still have the total tolerance come into play where it is cutting the walls of the part. Which means the depths are correct but you could be gouging into the walls.

HTH