Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

toolpaths

Jack Neelands™

I should have just asked this in the first place ...im looking for some insight on how to program some parts in the 4th axis using either 5 axis flowline, 5 axis mutli surface or 4th axis rotary....these parts are a mould extrusion that has a runner going up a conical shape...keep in mind the runner has an undercut on both sides going to the tip and is a bitch to play with unless i sadly enough index the head and cut them out little by little on the full 360 degress of the part...any programs you could send me in either version 9 or X would be greatly appreciated as i have both but not trained in Xr2 yet but am willing to learn the hard way if i have too...please email me but keep the files down to 10 megs or less ...even zip them if you have to .....thanks alll and hope to hear from you banghead.gif

Hi Jack,

Do you have any part files you can share with us? I'd be happy to write a sample toolpath or two on one of your parts, but it is a little hard to know what you are trying to do. It doesn't have to be a full model either if you are worried about intellectual property issues. Just take the surfaces in the runner (create them off of the solid if necessary) and save only those surfaces into another Mastercam part file. (File - Save Some).

Thanks,

Colin

im sending 2 different variations that i have tried and they are slimed down compared to the programs that do have ...im still waiting for training on X but i have been dabbling with it just to get things on the roll...my post well..i made that one myself a few years ago and been changing it and upgrading it from V8 for different machines like maho's and okumas and even a toshiba and no one touches it but me ....lol...X seems to be taking my post ...when i tried to upgrade it ...X had some problems so i just called up the old V9 post i had written and tada!!!!

I have done twisted geometry before and I have had reasonable success using 5axis swarf toolpaths. I attached the file with a 5 axis swarf I created on one of the surfaces. Created a tool plane offset 45 degrees and set point generators every 0.1 degrees. You might be able to add more surf to the drive surfs and see if you can get it to run all around. Or you might have to create several 5 axis swarf toolpaths and pick each surfs etc seperatly at there on unique toolplane. Needs some tuning but I think this route will work.

I haven’t got time right now, but you do have me interested.

Best of luck,

Well that is 2 gurus down ...any other takers?.

you will note the flow 5 axis that im trying to do in kev.MC9 is somewhat what im trying to do but when i put the stepover to .01 and the stepalong( because i need a good finish and not a crappy one) to .01 ....i crash version X and version 9 takes about 3 hrs