Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Slightly OT- potential productivity enhancer

MattW

I know the topic of computer mouses (mice?) has come up before, but I thought I would add a bit. We just got the Logitech 5000 cordless keyboard combo here at work which includes the MX1000 mouse. While the mouse is a huge improvement over the standard ambidexterous 3 button mouse, I was a bit dissapointed to find that it did not support application specific button programming, especially when I was sure I had read that other Logitech products did support this. A bit of poking around in the Logitech forums revealed this (btw- this only works on Logitech products that use their Setpoint software)- which has a bit of funkiness but generally works as intended. I haven't got into fully mapping Mastercam, but I did map the View manager- which I couldn't get to stick on my Space Pilot for some reason. This is pretty slick, because the forward/back/close application is really useful while browsing, but of no use in Solidworks or Mastercam, for instance. Now you can make them useful.

No association with Logitech etc, and there may be better products available for less money for all I know. But I am happy with the functionality and am considering buying one for home.

MattW

Vertex Pharmaceuticals