Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Error Message with Iges files

James

I am running Windows 2000 Pro, a new pc, and the latest version of MasterCam. When I import an IGES file I get the message " Mill8.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows". If I get lucky and it reads the file I will get the same message when I try to save the file.

After two days of my Mastercam Dealer and myself trying all kinds of things we still have not fixed the problem.

Can someone please help?

Thanks,

James

I get the same error randomly throughout Mastercam. I have re-registered the .ocx files per tech supports suggestions. This has reduced it but not eliminated it. I have turned the hardware acceleration down to zero. Only reduced it. confused.gifconfused.gif

My system had a ATI Radeon 7500 64MBddr video board in it. After I did everything anyone could think of I removed the ATI board and installed an older NVIDIA TNT2 Pro board. All of my problems are gone. I get no error messages and everthing runs fine.

Thanks to all for your suggestions!

What is the link between the graphics card and reading in IGES files?

James smile.gifconfused.gif

James,

I started to say, all ATI cards are suspect because of the very nature of the chipset. ATI makes Entertainment cards for standard Home Consumers in the computer market. They have been known to have BUGS for engineering application software. ATI doesn't care because that's not their market. We recommend to anyone who buys a new computer to use only video cards which have mature, OPEN GL support and drivers. You can find some input about components which work well with Mastercam in the Info section of this website. smile.gif