Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Helix support reverting in Control Definition

Colin Gilchrist

Hi Guys,

We are experiencing something that is a bit odd with our Control Definition files. We store our files on a network and when I go to edit some of the options, the changes I make don't stick. I am trying to change the Helix support option on the Arc Page. Our current Control Definition file is set to "Allow Helix only in XY plane". I am trying to set it to "No Helix supported" to force a linear helix. I want to re-post a surface operation that keeps erroring out on our machine's control.

I open the Control Definition, go to the arc page, and set the radio button to "No helix supported". As soon as I press the save button the helix radio button reverts back to "allow helix only in XY plane". It doesn't matter if I try Save or Save As and use a different file name. This is in MR2 by the way.

Has anybody else seen this type of behavior or am I going slowly insane? I'd like to know if anybody else is having problems before I send this one in.

Thanks guys,

Colin

Hi Guys,

Apparently I can use the "lock" button and lock down the control file. This appears to make the helix option stick. Does this seem strange to anybody else? If I make a new Control Definition file or if I take one of the default control definitions I can make modifications and they stick. In my older control definitions the only way I can make a change is to lock the control file before I save it. Do we need to update the control files in any way for MR2? Did I miss something in the documentation?

Thanks guys,

Colin

Make sure you do your edits from the Machine Definition dropdown.

Editing from the "Edit" button in the Operations Manager applies to open MCX file only.

Edits from the OPs Manager do not stick in the

master copy of the machine definition