Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4th axis stitching

Ok I put a file on the ftp to show you both ways. I did not get into detail with curve 5 axis but think there is enough for you to get my point. With curve 5 axis you make the toolpath center of the tool and then draw the path you want it to follow use the same settings I have there and the tool will follow the surface just like you want. If you want a zig-zag you draw a zig-zag if you want a sprial you draw a sprial. Now you are problay wanting an easy way to do this well you have to Use the trim function in soilds and create edge curves at each place you trim it and on a different level is where I would be so it is seperate and makes your life easy. This will give you the best surface curves to make what you have and other way are possible but a PIA if you ask me. Now you need to make sure it is a joined chain and I have found need to start and end with a little dog leg to get the full toopath make it like .02 long should have no problem. This is why you don't not see this toolath go all the way around the boundary, but like I said I wanted to just show you a different way I don't have the time to show you it complete but this toolath to me give very predictable accurate results. Pay attention to your axis of rotation as well in your set-up it need to be Z or you will get wierd results.

Now for flowline it was straight foward. I created a start and end line for my tool angle. Now the cool thing here is you can make this anything you want I just picked tanget to the surface but you can tilt this for reach or anything else you may want to accomplish here. Oh and you will need to unblank those tool control lines on Level 9000 or 9001 sorry forgot do that before I zipped it.

File is CRAZYHN3938-19.zip in MCAMX folder on FTP.

HTH