Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

HAAS oil/coolant separator

John13

Also in OT forum

I have 2 HAAS mini mills. On the 1, I'm getting a lot of coolant coming thru the oil/coolant separator. Does anybody know why this would happen, or how to stop it? It used to work right, I would get only oil thru, but now I could fill the small bottle it came with in 1 shift with the oil/coolant mix. Thank you.

on the back of the machine or near the oil drain (where the oil goes into the plastic bottle) there is a bunch of screws near the drain nozzle. first try -there are 2 tiny holes in that plate behind the plastic jug, cover one with your finger and blow a little air thru the other and then tty the other. otherwise you have to take those screws off and theres what they call an ant farm. Its a series of back and forths in there and if one of those passages gets plugged in send every thing one way. mine sends the oil into the coolant tank cleaned it a couple times but still doesnt work that great.

I have a VF2SS so on your mini mill it might be a hair different but looking at all the Haas's i kinda doubt it.

If you need a little more help i can take pictures and send them to you but if it doesnt look like i kinda discribed then you might have to give your distrbutor or Haas's 800 number a try.

ViperCNC

thank you, I just tried the air through the 2 small holes. It pushed a lot of coolant out, so I'll keep an eye on that and see what happens.

If that doesn't work, I'll check the line and then continue from there.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got it. I had to take the thing apart and clean out the inside. The "ant farm" was loaded with junk at the output line that should have sent the coolant back into the tank.

I have a piece of material that I'm going to lay in the machine when I'm not using coolant to see if this helps keep dust and plastic from getting into the coolant. If that doesn't work, I'll get a magnetic sheet and lay over the drain holes.

thanks ViperCNC for the info.