Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Solids license lost and Nethasp

HevyMetl

I keep loosing my solids license on our nethasp. This is intermitent and I can't seem to piece together why it is happening. I go to open a solid and manipulate it and the next thing I get is the message solids option is not available contact your reseller. I can't even shut MC down and restart it to get the license back. I have to completely reboot to get it back. This can be a pain when you have to relog into PRO, INTRALINK, MAIL, and all of the other programs running.

Is there a known issue with Nethasp and solids that could be causing this?

No nethasp operates off of a network server so there is no local usb hasps. This allows people to pull just the lathe licesne or the wire license while someone else has the Mill license. I know I am the only one using this now though so I know someone else doesn't have the license.

Hevy,

How is your Nethasp.ini file set up?

Are you connecting to specific IP, or token?

When I've had issues like that, with customers, I've used the 'Aladdin Dignstix' program to create a new ini file and put that on all the clients. Don't know what it does different, but, it does seem to work more reliably. Also, is your network a 'wireless' connection? Had a customer that would lose it every time they used their large tow motor to load a large piece of stock in one of their machine. It would block enough signal that BOOM. GONE

HTH

I have no problem getting the license. I loose it if I go away for (sometimes) or restart mastercam. It even shows the license available on the server if I open the nethasp and check it, but I cannot get it until I reboot the computer.

Thanks everyone for their help.

I have that problem as well. It will not reference the proper path by clicking on the shortcut with out some finagaling that I don't understand. I always open from my shortcut with the proper /s /5ax when I open.

Could some kind of virus scan interupt the license long enough to only loos the solids portion of the package?

I can't get rid of them on the server. I am only the lowly Mold Shop Supervisor and that is relegated to the all mighty IT department. We have to virus scan or else all of the lowly pukes around here would cripple the system. OK I am done ranting and they are probably right about us crippling the system.

We had the same issue with MR1. IT found that it was a timing issue between Mastercam and the network. We were told to install the hasp on a PC in the area and have the other computers access it through the network for the best results. Because of our work situation, we have to have it on the server (actually two). Took IT about a month to get it working ok.

Still not quite right. It is supposed to look at both servers but doesn't. Say it pulls the m3 license off server one and tries to pull the solids license off server to but all are checked out on that server, it will say no license available. Even though there are five on server one. banghead.gif

So we have to change the .ini file to force it to only look at one server or the other.