Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MPMaster post for V X

Smit

I'm sure there are a lot of people who have taken the time to tweak this post for their own needs.

Is there enough added functionality to this post to make it worth the while to spend the time to tweak it and replace the posts that have been converted from Version 9?

My converted V9 posts work fine so I haven't done it yet. But I'm not sure what I'm missing out on by not doing it.

Thanks!

I agree with Stork here, if it is doing what you need, I wouldn't bother changing.

As we get into X3 and beyond who knows at that point, your post may work but functionality might be limited at that point and it might be time.

I use all my V9 MPMasters now. I've done new posts in the latest but other than that, no reason too yet that I can see.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Personally, I update posts for each major release from scratch. My posts are drag and drop functionality for the most part. I've kept detailed notes over the years so to do a new one from scratch takes maybe a couple of hours at most. Well worth the time IMHO.

JM2C

I'm with you on that James. If you just keep updating an old post you miss out on the opportunity to learn all the new features of the Post language and you are not staying current with Mastercam's new technology.

Version X introduced some really nice functionality in the Post. New Comment options and Coolant options come to mind. It is also important to understand how the MD/CD is structured in the post. The MPMaster post also includes some really great features for Min/Max travel, Tool tables, and Stock parameters for 3rd party verification. If you don't use or want any of these features, then a simple post update should work.

Colin Gilchrist

IRC NC Programming

The Boeing Company

www.boeing.com