Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

posting nc files with mastercam x

Hazzardusa

i know this is probably a very simple question but does anyone know if it is possible to post a nc file directly from mastercam x. the only way i know how is to create the mcx file and post the file directly from mastercam or to output a nc file and post it using my copy of mastercam 9. any help would be appreciated.

"Post it"?

Do you mean trasmit the program to the machine?

As in placing the program in ther machines memory or actually running the post processor and creating the actual G code?

Your description seems to ask about that.

What I was trying to say was send the nc file to the machines memory. The post processor sends extra information to the cnc and I am always editing out stuff like the enter and exits along with the extra code via the cnc which is a pain. With Mastercam 7-9 I would always make the nc and then edit it by hand, and then send it. With Mastercam X it seems like the only way to send a nc file is to post it straight from the mcx file.

Well, if you want to keep going the same ol' way you have been try this.

Post your file the same as you always have, edit it >> save it and then send it.

If I understand you correctly, that is exactly what you have been doing.

If you took the time to edit your post you could do away with many of the edits you keep having to repeatedly make.

You can start the MCX editor outside of MCAMX by creating a shortcut of the MCXSTART in the editors folder and placing the shortcut on your desktop.