Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

filter for removing moisture from air supply

Bob W.

What do most people use to filter the moisture out of their compressed air supply? A supplier's URL would be very helpful. When I run my mill for extended lengths of time moisture gets in the line exen though I have two filters (down to .01 micron). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

I would say if your area is humid you will need a dryer,We had trouble with air hoses blowing mist and the silencers on the air solenoids blew apart as the water could not get out in time.All that water in the lube system isn't good.We bought a small one and it works great.

Roger

Get yourself a dryer. Your not doing your machine any favors by blowing wet air through the spindle. Ingersol makes small units for around 700$ I think.

If it's for a home shop or you've got time and limited $$$, I've seen dryers made from a small fridge and lots of copper tubing. Suprisingly effective too.

The Harbour frieght one listed in Allens link in on sale til Monday and I just bought one...been using 2 fans "blowin" on compressor when running jig grinder and dessicant filters before grinder, so needed to do something and hopefully this works out, will still use one super speed fan blowin on compressor for high usage days as that really really cut down on condensation.(Dayton harbor frieght outlet had some in stock and "looks like a bargain")