Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New Members

cadcam

quote:

I have been looking and have been unsuccesful trying to fine a bulletin board of some sort where I can find lots of posts. Are there any?

Phil, I think your search is over biggrin.gif You'll find that the eMastercam forum is quite a popular place with a lot of folks willing to help out in all areas.

Hello All and to Jay for starting this thread!

My name is Norbert and I program for a small engineering model shop at Tyco Electronics (Elcon Products). Our shop is located in Fremont, CA and is equipped with three Fadal 15XT's, a 3016L (for Lemon), 2 Shizuoka (xxxxor controlled) mills, and a Mori-Seiki SLOH CNC lathe. All programmed with Level 3 Mill V8 and Lathe.

I have been a Machinist since 1984 and a Programmer since 1995. I have only recently started to utilize this forum to help me solve my programming issues and am impressed with the number of competent responses one can get in a short time after posting a message.

We all benefit from this online resource and I hope to get to know many of you in the future. tongue.gif

Hey There! My name is Stefan Brigati and I am an Adminisatrative Sales Executive for the West Coast area for Mastercam and I am at the Corporate office for CAD/CAM Consulting and have been here for 4 years now. I have known both Jay Kramer & James Meyette for many years and their experience and knowledge of CNC and Mastercam is second to none.

I want to let you know that I am available for any questions as far as availability or pricing in this territory and will keep you updated on Releases and events.

Please feel free to e-mail if you have any questions.

[email protected] tongue.gif

I don't think I ever introduced myself . I have been bugging the forum with questions for a while now. I live and work near Melbourne, Australia and started machining with an apprenticeship in 1973. Have worked in this workshop (half a dozen guys) since 1982. Started learning MC at college about 5 years ago but we didn't get any CNC until 1 year ago. We raided from another campus that got wound down a mid-80's Mazak VQC 20/40A vertical mill and a '90 or so Hitachi-Seiki Hitec-turn 20SII. Mazak's Mazatrol conversational is very clever and effective (sorry James, but it really is) but the H-S is very frustrating. We wish it was another Mazak.

I am 6'2'' tall and wear size 11 boots. Married since 1982 with a 13YO son and an 11YO daughter. Been a bit of a petrol head all my life and since my teens an enthusiast for 1930 Oakland V8 cars, but the sedan I bought in 1971 is still unrestored although I have done a lot of mechanical work on a roadster for a friend and done a lot of miles in it. (Did 2,500 miles in one week when I first got it going).

Cheerio, Hugh Venables.