Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New Members

cadcam

Has every one been watching the number of new registered members rising real fast?

I see it is a lot harder to be a looky looo without being a registered member.

Now you get a better idea of how many people come and look but don’t speak up.

If you are a new member please introduce your self please.

We would like to say hi & maybe know were you are from.

Jay

Hi all,

I'm sort of new here, with just a few weeks on this board. I enjoy this forum very much, although I wish I had more time to participate. I live and work in Queens NY, as a CNC programmer for a prototype model shop. We have a Haas, 2 Fryers, one conversational, one with a rotary 4 axis, and a Prolight desktop 4 axis mill. I am also an adjunct faculty member at a local Community College working in the CNC Lab. I love my CNC work although the hectic schedule leaves me stressed at times. I am 53 but never to old to nurture artistic aspirations and dreams to fulfill.

Glad to share!

Phil Orenstein smile.gifsmile.gif

Hi all..My name is Dan..I'm not that new I think but apologize for not introducing myself. I've been in the same shop for the last 17 years, building rubber molds. The first 10 were spent with the VMC's, 6 yrs in the edm area.The last 2 I've been programing. After using MC ver 3 for dos, I had a crash course jumping to ver 8. Early on most of the work was 2d and until the last few years was pretty straight forward. Then things were getting complicated and knew we needed a severe software update. Pretty much self taught with a lot of help comming from this forum. I may not post often, but I read each and every post and reply. Thank you all very much for sharing your headaches and fixes that has made my programing life easier.

Dan, Fort Wayne, IN

Well I'll introduce myself seeing as I've just registered...

I'm new here and also new to Mastercam. I've been programming for about 15 years, using SmartCAM most recently. I've also used NCL for 5 axis machining and I go all the way back to APT and an ancient system called GTL/3.

We have a seat of Level one and I am going to begin the phase-over from SmartCAM. We are a medium size shop in Everett, WA with 10 mills and 2 lathes. Mostly Mori-seki and a few Matsuura mills.

I just completed a "everything you wanted know in two days" Mastercam class and so far I like what I see. I have a few questions forming in my mind, but I'm just going to play around with it for now and lurk for a while.

Bob Winchell

Absolute Manufacturing

Everett, WA

I have posted a few times but new compared to most. My name is Tim been in the machine trades sense 1976 stared programming 3d electrodes about 11 years ago. I have used EZ Cam, Free Form Machine, Esprit (for wire edm) a little Pro-e and Mastercam the most. I work for Tyco Electronics now making electrodes for molds and dies. I really like this board and appreciate you having me.

Thanks Tim

How's everyone doin my name is Mat and I work in Windsor Ont. Canada (just across from detroit) I have 7 years experience on the floor working with vmcs and horizontal boring mills I was promoted a year ago into the office for cad/cam designer and even though my cutterpath programmin is pretty good I'm learning surfacing on the fly and I would like to take this opportunity to thank all you regs on here who have bailed me out in a pinch with your quick replies and problem solving techniques and helped me look good at my new position. I've had a couple one day on the job training from In House Solution in Missasauga but other than that the only help I've had is you guys just hope my questions aren't to redundant and you people can understand what I am asking and continue to help me out of these jams I get into. Thanks once again.

Mat

Hi,my name is Corey,Programming about 6 years

with differant systems,3 years now with my favorite,v8.1.I program complex 3D trodes for

die cast,and plastic molds using 2 makino snc64's

And now high speed machining steel in a makino v55.This is my first week in here,I have already learned alot,thanks.I also shared some input,I am pretty confident in what I do,But still not a pro.

I also oversee our EDM dept,2 makino ednc65's.

thanks for being kind alot of forums i see are people giving others bad advice I believe intentionally.thanks again.

Erie,Pa.

WOW!!!

Glad to see every one.Made this post last night before going to bed and wake to see i have a new set of freinds bright and early.

I just want say Welcome & thank you for saying hi. smile.gif

I would say this is becomeing a new roll call.

Jay here and accounted for. cool.gif

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: cadcam ]

Hi,I'm Mike Fasano and I have a prototype machine shop in Plainview, N.Y.

I have been in the machining trade since 1974 and started programming in 1982 when we got our first CNC machine. We have two Enshu Accumills VMC's and a new Haas VF-2. I had been programming manually (no software eek.gif ) until about 3 months ago when we purchased Mastercam Mill Level 1. At 44 years old and with 27 years in this trade I feel as if I am reborn with the possibilities of what I can accomplish with Mastercam and the help of this group of many experienced programmers.

Thanks, Mike

Thoudht I might drop in a let every one know who racer is i work for a wood shop that uses cnc routers .

I'm there cnc person for the last 4 years. and in the evenings I run a home based machine shop runing a 717 lagun with a delta 40 , and mills and lathes. making racing componets for the hobbie markets, and trying to make a deal on making automotive afeter market items. and finlay had to sign up since the change in the foorm as I was just a lookerloo, but also trying to use this form to beter my self with the info every one post on the form so hope that I did not cause any one problems just being a looker . as I try to keep to my self!

Jimmy (aka:racer)in Oregon tongue.gif

Good Evening from Colorado. My name is Gary, I am 47, and while I have been a registered member for a while, I admit that I rarely post even though I read the posts almost every evening. I have read the forum from end-to-end (it took a while) and have gathered some extremely useful information (and more than a couple of laughs).

During the day time, I am the Air Force Programs Lead Engineer for Honeywell. Somehow I managed to write into my contract that I get to play in our machine shop from time to time to make what I design (now THAT can be an eye-opener for a mechanical engineer - along with comments like "I sure won't do THAT again").

I also own Metal Marvels, a small business consisting of myself, a Fadal 3016 with 4th, and a seat of Mastercam 8.1.1. Currently I am producing a Bentley BR2 WWI Rotary 9-cylinder aircraft engine in 1/4 scale with several other projects in the wings. I had intended to pick up some job shop or modeling work, but lets just say that my timing could have been better for that market..... Sigh... I won't be quiting my day job soon.

Based on some of the information posted in this forum and with a copy of the "Post Bible", I embarked on the potentially hazardous task of modifying a post to suit both myself and my equipment. I now have a post that works well for my situation. Thanks to all for the great info.

Regards,

GRW

Hi Jay and everyone else. Just want to say that I think this forum rules and I read it almost every morning. Our shop has benefited a lot from this site.

We are located in the middle of nowhere michigan and our shop has been in business for not even three years. I have been here 2 years and learned mastercam from scratch, with no previous CAD experience. We do semi complex machining and design for sheet steel dies.

Hope to continue learning more here and at the local college, eventually getting earning my apprenticeship.

-Kevin Herzog biggrin.gif

Good Afternoon. My name is Matt, and I am part owner of a 2 man machine shop just outside Kitchener, Ontario. We do mostly custom machining, design and build the occasional fixture (using Cadkey), and more than enough rush repair jobs (making for some late nights!). We use Mastercam Level 1 V8.1.1 to program a VMC. I first used Mastercam V6 while working for someone else.

I have been reading the forum for a little over a year now and would like to say thank-you for all the little tid-bits of information picked up over that time.

Hi guys

Just thought i'd introduce myself.

I'm a new member from across the pond,to be precise a small island off the south coast of England. I'm in a small company (3 people), of which I'm the only progammer.Which as you can imagine can be pretty tough at times.I have about 8 months experience on Mastercam (level 3).We do a variety of machining,including parts for Spitfire and ME-109 renovation projects

Ive been using this site more and more of late, as I get deeper into the system.But as yet have not posted any questions

Thanks for all the tips I've picked up

Best Regards

Steve

Hi All,

My name is Karl. I've been at my main job for 17 years. Started cranking handles, then transferred to the n/c side of the fence. I have always been good with a computer so I was allowed to play on the thing. One thing lead to another and now I'm the official Programmer. I'm also called the assistant Sys Op, Setup Man and last but not least Operator. We do mostly 2d but am learning 3d with help from you guys now and then.

After hours I assist in teaching Mastercam and CNC at a local community college.

Work is verrrrry slow right now a few layoffs but I think things will be alright.Enrollment at our college is terrible to. Usually when the

economy is bad students flock to learn, but not here.

thanks all for the good advice

Hi all, I am jay (aka cadcam).

I work for my self as a contract consultant programmer, I all so sell mastercam & Predators software's.

I all so do training and support for Mastercam & Predator VCNC.

My background comes from Wax tool making and Plastic and some Die cast mold making.

I have worked in Production shops to R&D, Aerospace and even worked at a Foundry as a mold maker and machinist.

I started and still play some times in the manual arena.

I was introduced to mastercam V1 from Scott Bond on this forum.

Then started using V2 at bond mold about 11years ago.

I started Precision Programming about 6 years ago as a side company and last year made the jump to full time.

I have had my share of different hats. This has helped me to grow.

Hope this tells a little about me.

Did I state that I wear a size 9-1/2 shoe?

Oh and one last thought, Thank you all for making this tread grow and reintroducing your self’s.

Hi everyone, MC user since V5.5 and waiting for V9 (actually V10, but I wont push it wink.gif ). I use Mill Level 3 and solids. I've been working in the same mold shop for about 6 years now. And have been registered at eMastercam since Nov 2000, but havent posted too much here lately.

I found one of the first threads. It is was the first "New Members". The topic was Please post here if you are new to the Forum. There are a lot of posts in there, five pages worth. eek.gif

Hola! Hello everyone! CADCAM, you are right. I have been coming into this forum since it started. I sometimes have questions for you guys, but I think I was so lazy in the past to register.

I am from Honduras, Central America. I run a company (INPLADI) that specializes in the manufacture of injection and blow molds for the plastics industry. Most of the molds we make are for shoe outsoles. We also make CNC precision parts like fixturing for automobile interior design industry.

I started using Mastercam back in version 5.5. I really look forward to sharing my experience with all of you and hope I learn a lot too from yours.

hello, my name is rich. i just found out about this site monday and have really enjoyed reading what everyone has been talking about. i'm 31 years old and have been maching for 12yrs, been programing for 5 years with mastercam all programing prior to that was by hand at the control. i'm trying to get completly switched over to mastercam v8 but currently use v6 for the most part. so i will have lots of questions for the forum. look forward to meeting everyone. thanks for letting me chime in.

Hello my name is Mike, I own Summit Machine, Inc. in Salt Lake City, Ut. We are a job shop. I have been involved in machining since 1993, and have been using mastercam the entire time. I probably only know enough to be effective, seems theres alot I would still like to know. We use level 1 mill and lathe to do most everything at the shop. I have been a member of this forum for awhile but I think I've only ever posted one or two messages. I hope to change this now that the DSL line is up and running.

Hi. My name is Phil Cotterell from Victoria B.C. Canada. I've been cnc machining for 24 years. 14 with my present employer. J.S. Foster Corp. I've been using Mastercam for around three years and Smartcam for 11 years before that. We have 4 cnc lathes, 1 mill/turn lathe, 3 vmc's. We are a jobbing shop that services many different industries as well as market our own line of fly fishing reels. biggrin.gif (islander.com)

I have been looking and have been unsuccesful trying to fine a bulletin board of some sort where I can find lots of posts. Are there any?

Good luck to you all.

Stand Tall, Stand Proud, Stand United.

Phil