Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

ICAM

kinglouie V

it has been mentioned that we may at some point in the future use ICAM to post for MC since we

use it already for catia. we have a post guy here, that's all he does. but I am afraid of losing functionality and control of my customizations. any input as to how well this

stuff works with MC in general or how easy it may be to flip a switch here change output there?

BTW- I'd be using in MCX and that scares me alot.

I understand your concerns, being used to MC posts, ICAM is so different. We just went through what you're describing here and I still post from MC for 3 and 4 axis but for 5x we're posting through ICAM and so far everything comes out perfect. Now I need to convert myself to Catia... Lucky you "we have a post guy here, that's all he does" I wear this hat too...

Simon

No you will not be able to edit the posts at your desk like with Mastercam post. ICAM will have a Hasp with it and you will only edit post on the machine with the editing software installed. If you do not see eye to eye with the post editor you will have issues. Last time I looked that software is very pricy and a bear for a year contract.

On the plus side there are no limits to the posts that can be made. 20-plus axis multi turrets. We use to have a Data base of varibles we would feed into ICAM and it would spit out a program.