Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mastercam to maho

sadaanine@yahoo.com

hi guys

here I'm again but this time I'm asking about the ability to get a G-code from mastercam to maho machine

and I have been looking in furom for that and I've fuond that I can't connect the pc to the machine and if I want do long operation -with more than 50000 block - i have to divide the operation is there more futures for these problems

I've find alot of users using maho like CHIP , Toolfab, PIP, ... etc

I hope i could get some info to share

thanks

With a program too large for a control, you are either going to have to chop it up into sizes that fit, DNC(trickle feed) or if your control has a memory card, ie, Fanucs run it off of the card or internal data server.

salem,

I run large programs with the Heidenhain MillPlus control in 'CAD' mode. Does your control have this feature?

quote:

I can't connect the pc to the machine

Ours is connected via our network and we communicate using a Heidenhain program called CDS. All you do is enter the IP address of the machine to the CDS program settings and you can transfer files back and forth as you wish. Maybe ask your Heidenhain rep if this will work for your machine too?

cheers.gif

What Model of Maho and what year?

If its a late 80's - early 90's Maho with a 432 control it should be Phillips/Heidenhain.

You should be doing a serial connection on rs232 right, with a null modem cable.

If you want to run a larger than memorey size program, you are going to want to use BTR.

Here is a .pdf of BTR from the Maho Manual.

BTR STEPS

Basically its going to divide your memory up into 5 blocks, each one holding a chunk of G-Code.

Steps BTR takes.

-Run Block 1

-Run Block 2, Delete Block 1, Load Block 1 with fresh G-Code from DNC.

-Run Block 3, Delete Block 2, Load Block 2 with fresh G-Code from DNC.

etc.

Its not true drip feeding but you do need to set-up your DNC to drip feed. Its just a case of the CNC asking the DNC for more G-Code to fill up a deleted block.

You will notice that when the CNC loads a Block up the machine will stop while doing this, so it is of your benefit to optimize your rs232 connection. Also make sure that the BTR size which is in your Machine Constants is optimized.

smile.gif

Later Dudes

Adam