Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Offset cancel

TravisHancock

For some reason during an offset cancel the cutting power is turned off causing my wire to break. This only happens in 4 axis machining.

Im not quite sure if the problem is in the programming or the machine settings. The machine I run is a Makino. I also checked the post and everything seemed to be OK there. Does anyone have a solution.

I run mastercam 9.1

travis,sometimes 4 axis post output some strange things when doing multiple contours.i find it best to look closely at my nc prg. and edit it.

like i said before,you don't need the g1 with the g40 unless the line before that had a different movement code. a post guru i am not.hth

I have had lots of other problems with G00 myself.

Never run wire, but hard coding wouldn't hurt in this instance, I think.

What I did was just to hard code a G01 F(whatever) in my format statement, so there is never a rapid move, just a fast feedrate.

It adds a few redundant G01's but it solved my other problems. Might work in a pinch until you could get someone to fix it right...

kannon,

yeah, there are some very good post guys on this forum. i have learned some things. i would like

to have someone just walk me thru my post and explain to me in general what it is saying.when

i started with mastercam i was told don't mess with the post and like my dad told me to never touch the stove,i never have.i have looked at them and understand some of it,but most of it is greek to me.