Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CATREAD/WRITE

kinglouie V

V4 files...yuck...gag

I bring them into V5 and create a .catpart...then catread the V5 part as surfaces. If you have lofted multi-axis surfaces and use catread to a solid...it will often create an inaccurate model. Worst I had was .017 inch deviation on a 4 inch long flange.

V4 cylinder surfaces have always been a nightmare for me.

thanks Colin,

but they are coming in, just slow.

The funny thing I noticed was it sped up when

I chose to import as solids. However, one file

came in with solids and duplicate surfaces. the catia guy (there are may here) might have done that. a little wierd. cuckoo.gif but the last one is coming in now in the background while I type this.

:edit:

besides I don't know if my boss will get pissed if I put a model of a front spar off the f-22 on the ftp. do they mind up there at boeing if you do that?

If you have trouble with IGES out of V5 CATIA, you can adjust the settings to work a little better for Mastercam.

The IGES export settings in V5 (Tools~Options~Compatability~Iges) should be set to -bspline and -surface. In my experience those settings give the best IGES results, which often exceed the results of STEP or CATREAD.