Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Zinc coated wire/Belly wizard

TravisHancock

travis, in my opinion zinc coated wire is over priced and standard brass wire will do.yeah, you can burn hotter,but that will also wear your guides out faster.in other words, i just don,t think the pros outdo the cons in the longrun.just my 2cents.

I have found that I can push the coated wire a little faster in thick stuff than uncoated, because it burns faster as del already stated, it also makes the wire a little more stiffer, what can give you a problem threading. Now some manufactures recomend using coated wire on there machines, I know Charmilles use to do that. Bottom line, I agree with del, but maybe you should get a role and play with it a little your self.

I do not know what machine you got, but everytime I come across anything called wizard I like to do a little testing myself, I have found that alot of this stuff is for people who do not want to take the time to learn there machine.

In the Makino you have you will expirence less belly with out of the box settings using the zinc coated wire on taller pieces. With that being said you can also tweek some of the control servo settings and get the same result. I then save those settings as custom cut codes in the control and call them the next time I need to cut a part of that thickness. I typically get less than .0002" per side belly with out of the box settings on parts less than 3 inches. I don't cut much taller than that so I can't give any advice on the thicker stuff. I have only seen the belly wizard perform in the showroom at Auburn Hills and I can say from the parts that they pulled out it worked great for straight parts. The cut seems to take longer due to the "magic" that they are performing. It all has to do with how the are cutting the part. Not overly complicated, but neat in the same sense. I hope my long windedness didn't bore you. Too much diet coke today and my fingers are buzzing.

travis, i just now understood what you meant by belly wizard. on my wires if you are getting a belly in the middle of the part try increasing your servo voltage during the second skim cut only.this will slow the burn down.increasing the sv by 4 will reduce the belly by .0002.if the belly is at the top and bottom then decrease your sv by the same amount on the second skim.this will increase your burn speed.this works for me.