Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Vericut

Kyle Waters

Hi David,

I could see two reasons for doing this.

1. The program is a legacy program and the file is not available or was programmed in something other than Mastercam.

2. The program that is run through Vericut is the actual G-code after the Post Processor has done its thing. Sometimes the Post outputs moves you were not expecting (like a head unwind). You can edit the G-code in Vericut to make changes or run the Gcode through Optipath to vary the speeds and feeds. Then output that code as APT, run it through the NCI2APT chook and get NCI code that you could then post out for any machine (with the changes incorporated). We often post out programs for several different machine types so we can choose which machine to run a part on based on the shop work flow. You might need to run it back through Vericut a 2nd time (I would!) but at least you can take advantage of your custom Mastercam Posts on G-code that is not necessarily a Mastercam native file.

HTH,

Colin Gilchrist

The Boeing Company

MR2 and Beta test site

David,

Colin is right on both points, about 80% of our current NC programs I have made largely by hand. We now have invested some time in Mastercam and money in custom posts, so now if I take those files that are running on 20 year old 3+2 machines, thru Vericut, then back thru Mastercam, I should get a file for our much newer machines. This process takes me an average of 3 hours by hand. In addition, if you add the solids export module, I can have an actual part in Mastercam to go with g-code that we know is good which gives us much greater potential as far as accurate tracking.