Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool Library filter

SP

Mine is always on by default also, I like it that way.

open a operation, select library tool and put a check or remove the check from the filter box, would this work?

I've tried this and it will not stick when you make this change.

SP,

Mastercam automatically filters the tool library to only show you tools that are appropriate for use in the particular toolpath you've started. It makes sense to me, why show a drill for a Contour or Pocket toolpath? You could always select tools before you start any operations. That way you'd never have to choose a tool from the "Select from Library" button. Select a tool list from the Tool Manager in either the Toolpaths menu or from within the operation by right-clicking in the white area on the toolpath parameters page. HTH cheers.gif

quote:

Mastercam automatically filters the tool library to only show you tools that are appropriate for use in the particular toolpath you've started.

Not mine, I just clicked a chain for a pocket toolpath and got all my tools showing...drills, face mills, slot mills, spot drills, reamers and oh yea...endmills