Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mill setup sheet post question.

rdshear

What I want to do is modify the mill.set post to output nothing but all the operations tools comments (sorted by order and redundencies removed if possible). Following that I would like to have a list of all the operation comments in operation order.

This list would look like this:

T#1 1.5" ENDMILL

T#5 1" SPOTTING DRILL

T#8 3/4"-10 TAP

T#15 21/32" DRILL

B) MACHINE FACE +.01

C) FINISH FACE

D) CENTER DRILL 3/4"-10 HOLES

E) TAP DRILL 21/32" FOR 3/4"-10 HOLES

F) TAP 3/4"-10 HOLES

Also, if questions could be asked to prompt for setup information and where to set the machine work points on the part.

I have successfully gotten the mill.set file to output just the tool and operation comments, I just can't figure out how to seperate them into two distint lists. This is an example of what I get now.

'A' File MILL SETUP SHEET

=========================================

PROGRAM NAME = 3095B

DATE PROCESSED = OCT. 13 2006

TIME = 2:11 PM

1) ROUGH EDGE +.01

T#23 4" DAPRA TOROID CUTTER 2.5" DOC

2) MILL SPOT FOR NEXT SETUP +.01

T#4 1-1/2" DAPRA SQUARE SHOULDER WITH 1/32" RADIUS INSERTS

3) DEBURR END .02 X 45

T#10 SANDVIK 1.900" CHAMFER CUTTER

4) FINISH SPOT +.01 / SIDE

T#18 1" SQUARE SHOULDER CARBIDE ENDMILL 1.25" LOF MINIMUM

5) FINISH EDGE

T#23 4" DAPRA TOROID CUTTER 2.5" DOC

I would like to know what I can delete from the file to make it process faster. I have tried to figure out what the program flow is in the post files and haven't quite nailed it. What determines the entry point in the pst file? How does it flow through the file once entered? I can follow calls to routines, I understand variable declarations and such. I programmed in Pascal, GW-Basic, Visual basic for Dos, and have toyed around with C.

Sorry for the long post, Just trying to get an understanding of this so I can make things work better for us. I also would like to learn enough to develop a post for one of our peculiar machines in the shop... but that's a topic for another day wink.gif

cheers.gif

Thanks in advance for the help,

Rick

I just typed in a manual entry and even with the original MILL.SET file, it doesn't output it. I just get the toolpath operations and such.

Also, What is the mpmaster you referred to? Do I have that on our install discs?

Please bear with me, I'm a noobie when it comes to Mastercam posts. I consider myself pretty good with computers and can follow the flow in many program languages. I just haven't made heads or tails of the program flow in the posts.

Thanks again.

Thanks Chuck for the link. Looks like between the post processor reference guide I got from our reseller and the MPMaster post, I have some reading cut out for me.

As I understand it, the Mill.set file is a modified post file. Can the MPMaster be stripped down to be a mill.set? Was this what you were suggesting John316?

I'm home for the weekend so I can't really play with the setup sheet other than reading and trying to get info. I may make some changes and see what they do when I get back to work on Monday.

What dictates the program flow in a post?

Are buffers a possible solution...

Used possibly to trap the tool info into one buffer and the operation comments into another then append the operation comment buffer to the bottom of the tool info buffer to create the two independant lists I'm looking for?