Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mx backplot

Marty A

hello all just got my post all ready to

go from my reseller.so i'm back to mx.when i am back plotting a hole that i'm helicing down i can't see what the step down is.like in ver 8

i could see the path but now there is'nt any.as always any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks

go tigers

cheers.gif marty cheers.gif

click the icon with the little red ball(display endpoints) on it and you should see the toolpath while it backplots

The very first icon, display with color codes should use your defined behaviors to display the toolpath as well, if you cannot see it you might want to go into your backplot setup and mack sure you have a toolpath color selected that you can actually see

quote:

you might want to go into your backplot setup and mack sure you have a toolpath color selected that you can actually see

+1

If you're using the default MCX setup, your graphics view background color is now blue. You may be using a blue backplot color and you just can't see it.

Thad

Look for the XYZ locations at the bottom left of the screen.

You don't see the tool move because it's only showing endpoints and when cutting a circle. The end point is the start point, therefore no movement. You should see it step down if you're in the iso view.

To see some tool movement, click the "!" in the backplot window and in the Step Mode section, change it from Endpoints to Interpolate. The distance value will determine how far the tool moves per step. You may have to adjust it depending on your hole and tool size.

Thad

quote:

i don't know how much of a step i'm taking

If you use the Contour-Ramp toolpath to helix, you can specify your step down. It sounds like you're still using John's old way of helixing. I'm actually not sure that will work in MCX. I highly recommend Contour-Ramp.

Thad

quote:

you can specify your step down

You can in the Helix toolpath as well, it's called pitch

wink.gif

I use contour ramp when I need to get downa wall only, if I am clearing out a hole I use Helix Bore