Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fanuc Post

beav700

Beav700,

I am sort of new to post MC post mods so I make a back-up copy of my .pst file before starting. Then I write down existing values & make 1 change at a time. Looking at my copy of MPFAN in the fmt section,(sorry I don't have my post editor from work so I can't turn on line numbers) the line you are looking for looks like:

fmt A 11 cabs #C axis position

The 11 in that line tells you to use the 11th format statement which is in the section that starts with fs and is as follows:

fs2 11 0.3 0.3 #Decimal,abs,3place

Change to:

fs2 11 0.3 0.2 #Decimal,abs,2place

If you change the 2nd 3 to a 2 it should then output 2place decimals instead of 3place. Recheck all "A" outputs after reposting the file to make sure that it affected the code the way you want it to. If not, return fs 11 to former value &look at other fmt lines that affect the output "A","B", or "C" codes.

Good Luck,

[ 02-12-2002, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: Tim ]

You will need to change fs2 11 and fs2 14. fs2 11 is also used by dwell. This might cause a problem. But maybe not. The two fs2 statements currently reads as follows:

fs2 11 0.3 0.3

fs2 14 0.3 0.3d

If your machine runs in inch mode then you will need to change the first 0.3 to 0.2 for both fs2 statements. If your machine runs in metric then change the second 0.3 to 0.2 for both fs2 statements. If you plan on using both inch and metric then change both 0.3 to 0.2 in both statements.

However if a 2 place decimal for your dwell statement is a problem you will have to create a new fs2 statement. The new one in line is 16. It would be as follows:

fs2 16 0.2 0.2

Assign fs2 to the cabs variable. It is on line 458 and is as follows:

fmt A 11 cabs

Change this to read as follows:

fmt A 16 cabs

Good luck.