Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Surface Rough Pocket Question

I have a surface pocket that I want to machine, I want to leave .1 stock on the drive surfaces. I my cut depths set up to adjust the first cut to maximum cut depth (.1). When I create the toolpath, the first cut is .1 above the part and just cuts air. If I leave nothing on the drive surfaces, the first cut is a .1 into the part. It seems like that when I leave the .1 on the drive surfaces, it shifts the entire toolpath up by .1. I would think that it would eliminate the top cut since it would not cut any material, but it just cuts away at air. Any ideas of how to change this so that it will cut .1 into the part on the first cut?

thanks in advance.

cheers.gif

On the absolute page, uncheck Adjust for stock to leave on drive surfaces box and see if that gives you what you want. That will make the first pass at the absolute value that you give it. Checking this box and leaving .100 on drive surfaces will start your toolpath .100 above the absolute value.

Thad