Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

tabbing

jmm0422

Send it in to QC Jason there is nothing wrong with what you have done.

The lead In move is very wierd too.

If you set it to 4 tabs Auto it does not cut the last one off but there not where you want them.

I have had problems with tabbing before also.

I have had what you are getting and I used the toolpath editor to remove the unwanted move.

HTH

Where did you send your request?

I am new to tabbing and brand new to X2 so I was not sure if it was me or if it was a bug. I will have as many as 50 or so parts up on the table so I do not really want to go in and manually edit the tool path. I think that for right now I will place them automatically then go in and move them.

I think the lead in lead out looks funny because I have the ramp turned on.

Thanks

Jason

Hello Jason and Dave, My name is Ke (pronounced as letter K). I'm the Applications Engineer from CNC headquarter office working on Router and Art.

After inspecting the file, I have to say it is not Mastercam's problem. At the location where the problem occurs, there are actually 2 square points on top of each other. That's way you are having the problem because the algorithm has to go through the same location twice. Delete one of the points and regenerate the toolpath, you will find it works as expected.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,

Ke Wang.

quote:

I will have as many as 50 or so parts up on the table so I do not really want to go in and manually edit the tool path. I think that for right now I will place them automatically then go in and move them.

If these are the same part, why not us the Transform/Translate toolpath functions? Then you have to only edit one toolpath. We do this on all of our router parts. We also use sub routines, and that really reduces the NC file size.

JM2C

Glenn