Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fanuc program load question

Thee Dragracer1951

Just bought a new machine. Fanuc Oi mate control on it. If I go to load a program, and press read, execute, I get an 086 error, DR signal off

If I send from the cam system first then press execute, I only get a bit of the program.

What am I missing.

I have a couple Haas's and can't remember ever going through this with a Fanuc

What I remember is pressing the execute button on the control, then getting the flashing "LSK" and sending the program.

Ok....I have two Haas machines. I have a nul modem adaptor at the port on my computer, Goes to a 4 way box out to the shop floor. RS232 cables on all the machines. I run 19200 baud, 7E2

I have the fanuc set up to recieve the same.

We got it to receive, but still get the 086 error. But the program is there...

This ng is though, is that on the controll, there are a bazillion "Z"'s before the program.

It'll run, just looks really atrange to see that and get an error.

What the heck am I doing wrong?

Are the cables set dofferently?

are the parameters not correct?

Am I just really confused?

Tune in tomorrow...

No I didn't. I been stuck here making chips. I wanted to but I think if I bought another machine anytime soon, I'll get my butt kicked.

I am expecting the Daewoo to get here in a day or two. The chip conveyer and coolant pump and the 5c and 16c noses are here already

I heard that they have a couple nice machines on the floor over there though