Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Have I just smoke blown where the sun don't shine

terry5357

quote:

Hey, is that quote yours or some other famous person???

Hardmill has trouble with Taco or Burrito?

You really think he could come up with that by himself?

wink.gif

Happy Thanksgiving guys

cheers.gif

I know there is good contract help out there, unfortunately we have not had the pleasure to get them. its pretty bad when you go thru 11 in a yr that make over $35 bucks an hr, we tried a couple yrs ago also and had same results. Where are are the good contract guys at the have 3,4,5 axis experiece and cut anything ???? I know of some that were paid $45 an hr and hard cut a square with hoels in it here without screwing up. We need some good help here, if anyone knows any programmer that can hit the floor maken code with no trouble in a big shop, send them out way.

FYI,

$45 an hour for a contract programmer who is any good is pretty low. You should be looking in the $50-70 an hour range. Then you might get someone who is worth it.

I know I wouldn't even look at a contract job that is below $60 an hour and I am constantly turning away work.

I guess you really do get what you pay for sometimes. wink.gif

P.S. Anyone in Washington State doing any contract Mastercam programming? I might have some leads to send your way.

quote:

its pretty bad when you go thru 11 in a yr that make over $35 bucks an hr, we tried a couple yrs ago also and had same results.

If that's all your paying you're getting the bottom of the barrel. No contractor I know works for less than $45 hr. I know I wouldn't. You get what you pay for.

If the guy has programmed for 15 years, he should have spent hundreds, if not thousands of hours watching his programs run. His knowledge of speeds and feeds should be as good as anyones. The exception is if he's one of those guys who are so arrogant, or lazy, they don't want to watch.

Also, was his background in moldmaking? I've been programming for 20 years, but not in a mold shop, it's all been aerospace. I can make you a wicked 5 axis titanium F22 part, but I'd be a newby on a mold.

One more thing then I'll stop the rant. A contractor who has been at it for 15 or 20 years has probably worked 10 or 12 different places or more. He has been exposed to more techniques and technology than someone who has been at the same place most of his career. It would be wise to at least listen to them.

edit:LOL @ Collin

justind, I think I even turned down a job at Profab because of the pay.

------------------------------------------

dang $45 is goin rate? I feel cheap being direct labor, but I like being home everynite.

---------------------------------------------

We have tried many contracting houses and see all these phat resumes, but the guys cant produce. I been doin this for 11 yrs, I and can build anything, do alot of F-35 stuff and some F-22 - I luv titanium and 13/8 - we cut tons of it. Where is profab going wrong on hiring??? I dont hire i make code, thats what i do, but I get stuck redoing what has been screwed up by others. I just wanna work with some talent, thats all. I came out of witchita because i was bored. This place gets some really good complex work. We got several differnt of types of 5 axis machines and other machine centers to program for. Maybe the fact im in midwest, is that why were not getting all this talent that is supposedly out there??? hmmmmmm