Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post question cuttype

If I have a tool in several subsequent operations can I establich a check between the different ops to output something.

I have a section of code I want to output but only between the OPS, not on the cuts that take place during and op.

you can work it in to the "null tool change" command:

ptlchg0$ #Call from NCI null tool change (tool number repeats)

pcuttype

pcom_moveb

c_mmlt$ #Multiple tool subprogram call

comment$

pcan

pbld, n$, sgplane, e$

pspindchng

pbld, n$, scoolant, e$

if cuttype = zero, ppos_cax_lin

if gcode$ = one, plinout

else, prapidout

pcom_movea

c_msng$ #Single tool subprogram call

Tim,

What you have posted is what I am pretty much trying. The problem I am having at the moment is I have a contour that takes 6 passes, then it jumps into the next op, with the same tool.

I only want to output this at the last pass of the contour passes and I am getting it on all passes of the contour.

I have tried in the ptlchg0$ since it appears that's where the toolpath continuation is generated from.

John have you looked at a buffer for doing this? I would think it might give you ther precise control you are looking for because you can use the while in the buffer that is harder to use with other methods.

The other things is in the null area you will get more than maybe you are looking for. I think where you are looking mihgt be on the right track, but think you mihgt look to somelike Like Rekd did with the m185 for the HAAS. Use a word to do this and put all of your control in that word above the posted code and then work from there.

HTH

I got it guys thanks for the assist wink.gif

I was using an mi$ variable after the last changes and it was dunping the value.

I did a

sav_mi7 = mi7$

set early in the toolchange and then used the checks you posted along with if sav_mi7 = 1

That seems to have it

Ron,

I kind of figured(read hoped)I could get this done without using a buffer. I've tinkered with them and don't want to go through setting one up unless I have no other option wink.gif

I did this because we have Hardinge indexers hardwired on 3 of our Moris why I don't know, 2 of them are full 4th axis capable.

I needed a way to output the M21 at the desired point AND maintain some program control.

So I set up a post block based on an mi$ that will retract to the clearance height, trigger the rotate, then move and get back into position for the next cut.