Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Anilam 3300MK

Zero

Anybody else out there using an Anilam 3300MK controler? If so, what post are you using? I'm using the mpan113x and I'm beginning to think that the only reason I can't cut z arcs is the mpan113x post(it's actually a post for an Anilam 1100M). I looked in the manual and as far as I can tell the controller will support z arcs and I could cut my machining time down considerably if I could filter in z arcs.

O.K., 2 problems with the 1400.pst.

1: Not a big deal but your post outputs gcode. My controler needs .m files (conversational format), but I can convert the .nc file at the controler to conversational code. So besides the little bit of extra time converting, it's not a big deal.

2:For some reason any arc in the xz or yz plane are posted as a full arc not just the part of the arc it needs to cut the part. And it's not just the mastercam filter that's plotting the full arcs(which I know lots of people have trouble with some way or another). If I bring the nci into my new trial version of metacut, then filter the arcs in there and bring the nci back to mastercam(what a pain in the a$$! if only metacut converted conversational code now. I've been in contact with the guys over there and their new version of view will support conversational code thanks to me bugging him but I'm not sure of thier filter) and post with the 1400 post the full arcs are back again.Do you get these same results Tony? Or does it post z arcs or correctly for you?

After reviewing some of the topics here on the forum I've gone back to my mpan113x.pst and tried doing some alterations to the file after posting. I've realized that what is wrong with the post I'm using is that any line that is supposed to be a z arc, it changes the z to an x. After changing all those x's to z's and trying to run it when it gets to the block where the z arc is, it says:

ERROR: 'J' not allowed in XZ or UW plane! mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

Does anybody have any idea what the problem might be? Thanks for any replies in advance and sorry for the long post. smile.gif

Here is how mine is output:

n 100.O0*FILTERtest

n 102.G90G70G0T0Z0

n 104.X0.Y20.

n 106.T01F39.1

n 108.S2444M03

n 110.X0.1396Y-1.4259

n 112.Z0.25

n 114.G01Z0.1384F24.4

n 116.G19

n 118.G03Y-1.1651Z0.0186J0.275K0.255

n 120.G01Y-1.0465Z0.0141F39.1

n 122.G03Y-0.4672Z0.0157J0.273K5.903

n 124.G02Y-0.2903Z0.0198J0.144K-2.386

n 126.G01Y-0.2609Z0.0208F24.4

n 128.G03Y-0.0247Z0.1284J-0.028K0.374

n 130.G00Z0.25

Blah,Blah,Blah

My controller is (P/C based Straight G code only)

I have two other style Anilam posts

1100 and Crusader

I have no Idea what the will kick out...

Want to try them?

Tony

Zero

I use the Anilam 3300MK controller and I have a good post that outputs Z arcs and everything else in Anilam conversational. It works well for all the major stuff but I have to do a little tweaking at the control. For instance it always outputs Fixture Offset #2. Also I have to do a search for the tool changes and re-save the MCode #6 in the proper format, spacing etc -- I find the 3300MK is fussy sometimes with spaces. Other than that she's pretty solid.

When I get back to my job next week I will bring it home and email it to you so you can try it out.

Phil

• Like 1

Well I couldn't get the 2 posts that you sent me to output the z arcs properly Tony. The mpan13xa looks like a pretty good post though. It's very similar to the mpan113x that I use except it will post Mcodes(like MCode 3 spindle start etc.) which mine does not seem to do and I have been manualy inputting lately. Looks like a post from version 6? It will post z arcs too (wich my post won't and I've located the actual problem now and it's worse than I thought. It posts a Ycenter in place of Zcenter and the value is always 0.0000 for some reason.) but ends up doing some full arcs for some reason or other. I look forward to trying your post Phil. It will be nice if I can actually get these z arcs to work on the machines. Thanks again for the help Tony. smile.gif

[ 02-25-2002, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: Zero ]

• 1 month later...

I have uploaded post (anilam 3300m 120402.pst)to the posts folder on the ftp site.The post now outputs z arcs (xz plane and yz plane arcs) correctly.the post may need further modification as mentioned by Phil.As i'm new to anilam conversational language i would welcome any help by anilam users in further improving the post for our common benifit

thanks

bb

WARNING: Circle adjusted beyond maximum adjustment!

Anyone ever get this error with the Anilam 3300MK?

I've got 2 of them both configured exactly the same (from what I can tell anyways) and one gives me this message only while doing arcs in the xz or yz planes. The other gives it to me in the xy if I'm doing a rough pocket or contour(for some reason never with a finish toolpath) and in the xz or yz planes on finish toolpaths. I've tried lowering the maximum adjustment before sending the error message to the screen to the max (which is only .0393 or 1mm)and see no change. Can't seem to find a way to turn off the arc adjustment feature in the controller either. Any suggestions?

BTW, I just finished reading Phil Orenstein's article in Time Compression Technologies about high speed cam. Pretty good article, I thought I was reading about my shop(except for the multiple seats of software which I would love to have here)! tongue.gif

[ 04-16-2002, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: Zero ]

• 13 years later...